Not too long ago, I contributed my Date Night Pork Chop recipe to the Chowstalker Community e-cookbook, which was sold as part of the Primal Life Kit. So–if you bought it, you already have this recipe.
But, I want to share this with those who don’t have it because it’s really, really good. A little sweet, a lot savory. It’s perfect for date night.
Date Night Pork Chops is one of those dinners that began as a see-what-we-have-to-work-with meals. Now it’s a family favorite. We like these Date Night Pork Chops with zucchini noodles, a salad, radishes, sweet potato wedges, or good old-fashioned macaroni and cheese.
What’s your favorite way to eat pork chops?
- 4 bone-in thin cut pork chops
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Season pork chops generously with sea salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and cook pork chops 1 or 2 at a time (to prevent overcrowding).
- Flip chops over when they are a golden brown color on the bottom and continue cooking until cooked thoroughly (both sides with be a golden brown color and registering at 145 degrees—it should take about 8 minutes total).
- Remove chops to a clean plate and cover with foil to let rest.
- In the same skillet, cook the onions and mushrooms until the onions are translucent (adding a little more butter if needed). Add dates and balsamic vinegar, scraping up the bits on the bottom of the pan.
- After adding the balsamic vinegar, it should reduce rather quickly, resulting in a thicker sauce/ syrup mixture. This means you’re ready to plate! Top each chop with a generous scoop of the date mixture. Serve with a healthy-sized salad or sweet potato fries.